WBC BUSINESS COACH
PART TIME - Independent Contractor
Position Responsibilities: Provide programmatic coordination and administrative support to the Women’s Business Centre. Understand entrepreneurship to provide support to small business owners.
- Schedule one-on-one appointments with clients who request business coaching and work with clients to help launch, grow and pivot their businesses.
- Work with clients to help launch and grow their businesses by understanding how to start a business, register a new business on Sunbiz.org, apply for grants & loans, develop financial statements, promote social media and marketing initiatives, create a business plan and utilize SBA resources.
- Review notes and follow-up with coaching clients in additional coaching sessions.
- Ensure all complete coaching notes are provided to the WBC Program Assistant in a timely manner for input into the database.
- Support planning and coordination of the WBC programs and its activities.
- Ensure implementation of new and existing policies and procedures.
- Build positive relations within the team and external parties.
- Report weekly all business coaching activities via email along with invoice for services to the WBC Program Assistant.
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Tampa Bay Women’s Business Centre.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND
Education: Bachelors degree in business or higher preferred.
Skills/Knowledge: Experience as an entrepreneur, business consultant or working with small businesses is desired. Ability to work with clients to help them launch and grow their businesses through business planning, marketing advice, financial resource links and other business resources. Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams. Knowledge of how to start a business. Computer savvy. Excellent time-management and organizational skills. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Detail-oriented and efficient. Excellent communications and customer service experience. Dependability, organization, team-player, and self-reliance.
Time: Varies 10-20 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
WBC VOLUNTEER MENTOR
Share your expertise and experience with our clients by becoming a mentor. Many of our clients are looking for mentors to share their ideas and seek guidance to build a business plan, register their business, market their business, seek information about grants and loans. Subject matter experts in law, tax accounting, Quickbooks, banking, social media marketing, e-commerce and general entrepreneurship. Our clients are from a wide array of industries including healthcare, retail, fashion, food, life coaching, photographers, restaurants, food trucks, catering, food and many more. Mentors help coach clients who want to start a new business or expand their existing business. It is incredibly rewarding to see the results that your guidance and encouragement has on our wonderful group of female entrepreneurs.
Mentor Coach - Coach clients to help guide them with their business by providing them with advice and resources in order to launch and grow their business. All coaching is done virtually. Apply here.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) - Mentor clients as needed based on your knowledge and experience. For example, occasionally clients have questions about Quickbooks and we would partner them with an SME in Quickbooks/account. Select your areas of expertise on the application form.
All volunteer positions are remote. Easily work with clients through the telephone, Zoom, Google Meet, Teams and other virtual platforms.